Contact Rebecca [dot] Oling [at] purchase.edu
Office Phone: 914-251-6417
For More Information, check out my portfolio page which discusses the listings here.
Coordinator of Library Instruction at Purchase College, SUNY. I also oversee collection development for Literature, Drama Studies, Film and Media Studies, and Jewish Studies. As part of my responsibilities, I work closely with professors teaching online classes and help provide them with streaming content. I also oversee Assistive Technology within the library. Outside the library, I am involved in non-profit management by serving on the Board of the Purchase College Children's Center. I am a past Board Director for the International Pemphigus and Pemphigoid Foundation.
- M.L.S., Kent State University, 1997
- M.A., Kansas State University, 1994–English Literature
- B.A., Purdue University, 1991–Professional Writing and English Education. Minor in Jewish Studies.
- Fall 2014: COTE IV: Instructional Design Course: Professional Foundations: Researching and Networking Online
- Summer 2014: COTE II: Instructional Design Course: Creating Useful Resources for Faculty
- Spring 2009: Association of Development Officers Certificate in Fundraising and Board Development
- Feb 2006: ACRL/TLT Blogs & Wikis Workshop
- May 2005: ACRL/TLT Online Seminar on Assessment
- Jan 2004: Simmons College Workshop: Search Engines and Other Tools
- Feb 2002: SUNY Training Center Workshop: Creating a Quality Program Assessment
- July 1999: Association of College and Research Libraries' Institute for Information Literacy
- Aug 1998: Infusing Critical Thinking Into the Curriculum, National Center for Teaching Thinking
- July 1998: New York State Teacher Certification Exams (LAST and ATS-W)
- June 1998: New York State Nurses' Association Child Abuse Course